- Tom LaJoieFounder & PresidentAs the creator and president of eTripTrader, Tom LaJoie has led the way to its success for the past 15 years. Beginning with a mere idea he has created a thriving business that has steadily grown at an impressive rate and is highly regarded by his customers. Having over 26 years of aviation, leadership, crew planning and scheduling experience as a United Airlines pilot and a US Air Force pilot has afforded him a deep understanding of the necessary components for successful aircrew schedule creation, management and the improvements the system needs.
Tom has set high standards for himself as evidenced by his success with eTT Aviation, as well as prior accomplishments including graduating with honors from Sacramento State University with a BA in Mathematics, graduating in the top 10% of his Air Force pilot training class, leading his team to victory in the Air Force Air Training Command's "Top Flight" competition, and leading a six million dollar software development project for the Air Force. Tom has proven himself as a success-driven leader with his focus now solely on the further growth and development of eTT Aviation.
- Chris LaJoieCo-Founder, Chief Technology Officer, & Chief Information OfficerAs Chief Technology Officer, Chris LaJoie is responsible for overseeing development of new technologies. As an exceptionally talented programmer himself with the vision to see the entire scope of our software development project he also hones in on the intricate details that make our product so valuable to our customers. He leads our team of programmers while overseeing every aspect of our ongoing quest to offer a state of the art product.
Over 15 years ago Chris took what was a mere idea and turned it into a reality. Now, he is using his programming talent and experience to bring Crew Companion into the future. In addition, he maintains our software, production, QA, and development servers, and our source code server which houses more than 1,000,000 lines of code. Chris' extensive practical experience and strong loyalty are instrumental in the continued success of eTT Aviation.
- Joshua WeinshankChief Operating Officer
Josh’s 25-year career in aviation includes serving as pilot, check pilot, chief pilot, and director of operations for corporate, charter and scheduled air carrier certificates.
For the past 16 years Josh has served as director of operations for air carriers certificated by the FAA under 14 CFR part 121 and part 135. In that capacity he was the primary interface with the FAA, exercised operational control and evaluated operational risk to ensure safety and regulatory compliance.
Josh was also the principal author and editor for technical manuals and publications, the director of IT, the liaison with the TSA (Aircraft Operator Security Coordinator), and was responsible for ensuring positive relations among management, employees, and customers.
- TodorSenior Director of Crew Companion
Todor Todorov was born and raised in Bulgaria. His passion for computers and programming determined the professional path he was going to take.
He graduated in the top 10 of his class from Sofia Technical University (Bulgaria) with a masters degree in Computer Science. The pursuit for more exciting opportunities for his career as a software engineer brought him to the U.S. where he joined eTripTrader in 2007.
With his 20 years of experience in the software development industry he ensures that CrewCompanion makes the lives of United Airline's pilots and flight attendants a lot easier. In his free time Todor enjoys spending time with his family.
- DarinSkedFlex Technical DirectorDarin possesses nineteen years of professional experience in leadership, engineering, and programming. Working in two fortune 500 companies for 11 years, he worked in capacities as team lead, accounts manager, senior process engineer, senior software engineer, and earned eight patents in manufacturing technology. He also worked as a mechanical engineer for an injection molding start-up, and as a commercial engineering consultant. He earned Bachelor of Science degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science minoring in Mathematics. While working, Darin also began several personal start-up companies, where his latest is Peterson Tech. He's an adventurer and earned his private pilot and PADI dive instructor certifications, and trained over fifty divers. His other personal interests involve planet and wildlife conservation.
- Bob WootanDirector of Global SalesBob has been directly involved with aerospace and technology for 48 years. A “technology evangelist,” Bob worked on NASA’s Apollo lunar lander in 1967, continued with four years with data modeling tools, 10 years in aviation systems (operations), and nine years with enterprise accounting systems before joining eTT Aviation.
Bob is a lifelong aviation enthusiast and solo pilot, and enjoys his personal time at home in Victoria, BC.
- DreeSkedflex Software LeadDree has worked as a software developer on the side for many years, during which she also worked as a librarian, data processor, and home school mother. When she finally decided what she wanted to be when she grew up, she got her Computer Information Systems Bachelor of Business degree from Boise State in 2002. After this she worked at Boise State developing on their Student, Financial Aid, and Bronco Web products until she was hired by Tom LaJoie to work at eTT Aviation. A decision she has never regretted.
- EricDirector Customer ServiceEric began working in information technology supporting HP products in call centers. He was known as "the artist" because he used to carry around a giant artpad to draw in everywhere he went. He eventually worked his way up to the very top where he handled executive level support escalations for HP's global Technical Marketing for 6 years. Eric has since had several support, testing, and IT related jobs but his passion has always been with software development and graphic design. Here at eTT Aviation he's been excited to provide first class customer support while working to bring graphic improvements to the company's websites.
When Eric is not following his passions of support, coding, and graphic design at work, he spends most of his free time practicing and teaching martial arts. Eric has a 8th degree black belt in traditional Okinawan Karate and Kobudo, and has studied Brazilian Jujitsu, Russian Sambo, Thai Kickboxking, Tai Chi, and Aikido. Eric also enjoys Neigong, the Taoist art of meditation.
- RyanDirector of Quality AssuranceRyan began as a SkedFlex Test Engineer, who was responsible for ensuring that any changes made by developers work as intended, and those changes correctly integrate with the system to avoid problems elsewhere in the software. Ryan has now expanded his focuses to also provide support for Skedflex and Crew Companion. He takes pride in ensuring that our customers are customer's needs are taken care of both before a new feature is developed through extensive testing as well as after if help is ever needed. Though he is not a developer, Ryan knows a good user interface when he sees one, and that keeps even some of the more innocuous problems from seeing light.
Ryan recently graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Boise State. While being in front of a computer is something very familiar to him, his goal is to work to create transgenic crops which would help feed the world. Though his degree may take him elsewhere, he is amazed by the progress the company has made.
- ChristianSoftware Engineer IIChristian Pixler was born in Germany to a military family. After graduating high school, he moved with his parents to Idaho where he attended Boise State University and worked in customer service. Christian completed his Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in 2015. He is excited to begin his career as a software engineer with eTripTrader. In his free time, Christian likes to golf, snowboard, and ride his motorcycle. He also enjoys spending time with his family and friends and seeking adventure when traveling to new places.
- NingSoftware Engineer INing Shen was born in China, and came to the United States in 2012 to pursue a master’s degree in computer science. He developed interests in programming at an early age and now enjoys writing software daily in his career. After graduating from Boise State University in 2015, Ning joined eTripTrader as a Software Engineer. During his study in Boise State, he also worked as a research assistant and participated in several research papers that were published in the area of cyber security. In his free time, Ning likes playing basketball, video games and shopping. One of his childhood dreams was to learn how to ride a motorcycle, and buy one of of his own. That's next!
- TylerSoftware Engineer ITyler was born and raised in Boise, Idaho. He’s currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Boise State University, and expects to graduate in May 2016. While attending school, Tyler worked for Boise State University's housing department as a student IT support technician and later as the student programmer before being hired for a Jr Software Engineer at eTripTrader. He is excited to be able to use and expand his knowledge as a programmer.
- MattJr Software EngineerMatt is currently seeking a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science at Boise State University. He has experience with web development and Android development in prior internships. Matt has always enjoyed programming and working on technological projects. He is very excited to be able to make that his career. He is grateful for his opportunity at eTT Aviation and is eager to learn and contribute. Matt loves and enjoys spending time with his wife, Teela, and his newborn son, Diesel. He also enjoys writing music, riding dirt bikes, and playing disc golf. Matt loves and enjoys spending time with his wife, Teela, and his newborn son, Diesel. He also enjoys writing music, riding dirt bikes, and playing disc golf.
- ShaneJr Software EngineerShane was born in Mesa, Arizona and grew up in Las Vegas, Nevada. He moved to Boise in May of 2011 to attend BSU during the fall semester and has been working at a motorcycle apparel retailer, Cycle Gear, throughout most of his college career until he landed a job here, at eTripTrader. He plans to graduate in Fall of 2016, and is very excited to test his programming skills and broaden his experience.
- DerekSupport & Test Engineer IDerek was born in Pocatello, Idaho. He's lived in Carson City, Nevada, and Weiser, Idaho, but spent most of his youth in Boise, Idaho. He focused on tech courses in high school where he was first introduced to programming and PC troubleshooting. Derek worked in customer support at HP, where he participated in training to support top tier white-glove customers. He looks forward to furthering his knowledge of programming and testing, and is very pleased to be advancing his career at eTT Aviation. Derek hopes to move into software engineering in the future.
- PattySkedFlex Documents AdministratorPatty has worked in the IT business for over twenty years, as a developer, systems analyst, database specialist, and as an applications manager. Her first job in IT was writing Fortran, Pascal, Cobol, and Cognos code for application systems on HP mini-computers and IBM mainframes. She worked as a Systems Analyst for several state offices, and later went to work for TrusJoist, as an Applications Manager, and developer in Lotus Notes Script. Prior to coming to work for eTT Aviation, Patty worked for five years as an Enterprise Business Analyst for Boise State University. A large part of her job was interviewing business and functional users, determining business and functional requirements, performing research and analysis on assigned projects, and writing detailed technical and functional documentation. She also recently earned an Undergraduate Certificate in Technical Communication from BSU. Here at eTT Aviation, she is excited to join their first class customer support team.
- PhuSoftware Engineer IPhu was born and raised in Vietnam. In 2011, while attending college in Vietnam, he relocated to the United States. After relocating, he restarted his education from the beginning at the College of Western Idaho, then transferred to Boise State university in 2013. Currently, he is a senior pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and will graduate in Fall 2016. He loves web development and he is very excited to apply and expand his knowledge at eTT Aviation. He enjoys programming and reading other people’s code. He also loves motorcycles, and used to have two motorcycles when he lived in Vietnam. He doesn't own one currently, but he's looking forward to owning his first motorcycle in the United States, and hopes to achieve this goal while working at eTT Aviation.
- EdinJr Software EngineerEdin was born in Berlin, Germany and moved to Boise when he was four years old. He was first introduced to programming in high school, and fell in love with it. During his free time Edin enjoys spending time with family and friends, playing and watching soccer, and going to the gym. He is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree, and plans to graduate May 2018. Edin is very excited to learn new skills and use his current programming skills to contribute to software at eTT Aviation.